New Year, New Workout Clothes!
December 30, 2011 § 1 Comment
So, like most of the population the new year means new resolutions. Many of us are starting to think about all of those extra calories we’ve been eating since Thanksgiving and maybe have even started to notice the extra weight we’ve put on, too. The good news is that most people gain only about 1 pound between Thanksgiving and Christmas, as reported by the NY Times here, but the bad news is that they rarely lose it. Me, I’ve gained about 4 lbs since Thanksgiving and I would like to lose every last one of those lbs! So, I started a week early and have been hitting the gym every night as well as keeping below 1,250 calories per day. But I also wanted to make another New Year’s resolution: to start looking like I care at the gym! That’s right–I am very guilty of wearing faded black pants, old T-shirts and even black-on-black that hasn’t matched for about 30 wash cycles! You, too?! OK, I know I’m not alone–believe me, I see you there too! So here at A Fresh Coat, we’ve scoured for some hot gym clothes that you won’t be embarrassed to rock in 2012!
1. The Ruby Tank from Zobha has a built-in shelf bra with removable cups. My favorite part is the stripe under the bust–it has a slimming quality and the overall style is super-hot!
2. Color! I love the aqua-marine blue color of this tank and the fact that it isn’t screaming Nike. It has a built-in bra, a reflective stripe on the back and a pocket on the lower back. My favorite part? It’s LONG! Don’t be afraid to take a yoga class in this top, ladies! Also, if you order online from Sports Authority, you can save 20% until tomorrow night.
3. Purple pops and the pattern is perfect! It has a Moroccan-flare to it that I love and I can see myself taking a Masala Bhangra class in this baby!
4. And since not everyone wants to spend $40 + on their workout gear, Target has a great selection of Champion C9, long workout tanks for $15.
5. If you want a thicker top by Champion, but still on the lower side of the price totem pole, the Double Dry tank does the trick for $26. The pink pattern is awesome, too (I like patterns because when you sweat it isn’t so obvious!)
If you’re looking for some extra motivation for working out, check out Lose It. If you have a smartphone, you can download the app for free (the website is free, too, so don’t fret)!
With this tool you can enter your physical information and then set a weight-loss goal. It will tell you how many calories you should eat if you want to lose, say 2lbs per week. From there you can log your meals and workouts, as well as search for food items from their database. If you have an iPhone you can even scan the barcode of whatever item you’re about to indulge in and it will log all of the nutritional content from that item (sodium, fat, etc.). My favorite part about the app is that when you exercise, it will help you determine how many calories you’ve burned and will then subtract that amount from your daily calorie allotment. You can also add “friends” to help motivate you, as they will be able to see your progress and calories consumed/worked out. If you’re interested in being my “friend” shoot me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thanks for reading A Fresh Coat and please head over to our Facebook page and give us a “Like” if you get a chance.
One more thing–I’d like to wish my wonderful sister Chrissy a very happy BIRTHDAY today! Love you sis! XOXO