Tinsel Town Talk with Shabby Apple’s Head Designer, Athelia Woolley!
November 18, 2011 § 3 Comments
Recently I was introduced to Shabby Apple, a line of wonderful clothes and pretty things I’m not sure how I never knew about before! Their new Tinsel Town collection is filled with wonderful dresses and accessories that are just perfect for the holidays and are all under $100, something I can really appreciate! I was lucky enough to get in touch with their head designer, Athelia Woolley, and chat about her top 5 picks for the holidays–here they are:
1. Bouvier Earrings, $13 (rhodiumized clear acrylic, lead-compliant metal. Pendant length: 1.75″)
2. Sandiegan Cuff, $35 (2 inches thick and made of brass with a silver finish)
3. Oscar Shirt, $56 (lace and satin with a scalloped hem)
4. Gabean peep-toe, $59 (animal-friendly materials: man-made upper and lining, rubber sole. 3/4″ platform, 3 1/2″ covered heel)
5. Academy Award Skirt, $62 (6 layers of tulle that cut right below the knee)
All of these pieces are staples in a woman’s wardrobe and can be taken beyond the holidays, too!
Athelia is not only passionate about her work but she is also proud of the fact that S.A. donates a portion of their proceeds to Unitus, Kiva and to Reach the Children. “All of these organizations specifically target women and children,” she says. Also, even though Althelia designs all of the dresses (which she loves to do!) they are manufactured in Guatemala in a fair-trade environment which helps provide jobs in a developing country. So ladies, when you shop at Shabby Apple you can feel good about the fact that your shopping habit might also be doing some good out there in this big ‘ole world!
Thanks so much Athelia for giving us your top holiday picks! And as always, thanks to all of you for reading A Fresh Coat! If you get a chance, head on over to our Facebook page and give us a like! While you’re there, feel free to check out Shabby Apple’s page, too. XOXO